Tuesday 5 May 2009

Village quilt

Yesterday we went for tea in Wimborne St Giles village hall (if you want to see more click on my Snowgoosey blog on the sidebar).
This lovely quilt caught my eye. You can see by the size of the people how huge it is but I have got alot of reflection in the picture sadly. However if you click on the picture you can get a better look. It's of the village and appears to be very accurate. I would have loved to have asked someone about it but the ladies were so busy I didn't feel I could bother them...another time maybe!
It has alot of applique and embellishment too, a real work of art.

5 comments:

happyone said...

The quilt is amazing and beautiful.

Janet said...

Its hard to imagine this is a quilt. The detail and size is amazing. I wonder if all people who see it realize that it is a quilt and all the work that must have gone into it.

Karen said...

That is a wonderful quilt! I would have climbed over the table to get a better look. :)

Pat said...

Thank you for your very nice comment on my blog. I have been very unfaithful to the blog world in terms of writing. I still am a faithful reader however. You, Goosey have a fabulous blog!

Mary said...

wow..what a wonderful quilt!