Thursday 23 April 2009

Inspired by Kimmeridge

I have been working on this wallhanging, it's about A4 size and based on the picture below of a coastal village not to far from where I live. I haven't yet put Clavel Tower on, which is the small building on top of the hill. I started to embellish the sea but am having second thoughts and may change that and embellish the fields in the foreground of the picture instead. I'm slightly worried that the hill jutting out into the sea looks like a hedgehog!....but hopefully I will be able to change that with a bit of nifty sewing! The thin green hedge is made using a bit of an old chiffon scarf and the sea is satin with netting and fancy wools on top. You can see more if you click to enlarge the picture. I will put it n again when I have finished it.
This is the inspiration for the picture, it's a beautiful area which we have walked many times. If you are looking on a map it is on the Purbeck coast in Dorset between Swanage and Weymouth.

3 comments:

happyone said...

I think you're doing a great job.
I wouldn't have thought that looked like a hedgehog, but once you put the idea in my head that is what I see now. :-)

Janet said...

Everything so far is great. Keep the embellishment in the sea. I hope you will put the tree in the foreground as it will give it depth. Good luck and have fun.

Mary said...

very creative! I'm having fun exploring your new blog.