Sunday 5 April 2009

I have been fiddling with this one card for about a week now trying to get it right. I haven't stuck it down yet as I'm still not sure! It was an experiment using netting to denote reflection in the water. I got 7 different coloured nettings to use on the cards to make a misty feel, blues and lilacs for bluebell woods, greens for trees, and I just need to experiment now to see what can be done. Netting is really cheap too and I got half a metre of each so it will last years I think!


4 comments:

Janet said...

Coming from the art teacher,the effect is right on. Go ahead and tack it down. I wonder if organza would be transparent enough. Who knows? But I think you were really innovative.

Goosey said...

Thank you Janet, thats the first time an art teacher has thought my stuff is OK! I used to go off on my own way in art at school and not what I was supposed to be doing!
I think organza is worth a try too, I have used charity shop chiffon headscarves sometimes to make tree canopys.

happyone said...

What a great idea and it looks terrific. Well done!!!

Elizabethd said...

Lovely! I enjoyed looking at your quilts also.