Wednesday 13 May 2009

Nearly finished but not quite!




This is the picture I put on the blog a week or so ago, and it has changed quite alot. I changed the bottom two fabrics and framed it. Put embroidered flowers in the fiels at the bottom and changed the fields round a bit. I'm quilting it now as you can see from the pins. I can see lots of things I would change and as this is the first time I have done one of these textile pictures I shall use it as a practice piece.
It's still meant to be Kimmeridge in Dorset although next time I shall just do an imaginary place to allow more freedom.


I still think the headland looks like a hedgehog and I think the sea may be going uphill!
Below is the picture as it was before I fiddled with it.


1 comment:

Janet said...

I love it. The framing and leaves extended into both really set it off. Embellishments are perfect. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilting soon.