Thursday 26 March 2009

UFO...Unfinished Object....



I am sorry to say that I started this about 7 years ago I think. I went to the National Patchwork Championships in London and saw Dilys Fronks making a quilt/wallhanging like this. I bought her book and started to create my own version.

It is supposed to be a garden looking through a wrought iron gate, I thought if I put it on here it might shame me into finishing it! The patchwork behind the black is done in a watercolour way as a suggestion of the garden, sky and trees and a path in the middle.

If you are interested the book is called "Enchanted Views" by Dilys A. Fronks. and the quilts are

inspired by wrought-iron designs. This picture is her interpretation of the wallhanging.

2 comments:

happyone said...

That is really different and so pretty. I've never seen anything like that.

Janet said...

This is really interesting. It looks like you have finished the hardest part. I tend to take pictures of gates on trips. I will have to revisit those photos and think about this technique.