Thursday 12 March 2009

Dividing the Blog

I have decided that it makes sense to have a separate blog for crafty stuff so as not to bore the folk who look at my usual one for Dorset, Bird stuff and walking. I have been so inspired by other peoples craft blogs and just thought it would be fun to record my shaky progress.
The quilt above has been completed since I took this picture and soon I will put a finished picture of it on the blog.

My aim is to;
-raise £250 (more if I can do it) by Dec 31st 2009 for my favourite two charities, Tear Fund and Compassion UK. Bearing in mind that I have a job as well so will give as much time as I can.
-I aim to have a sale of work in November so will be creating stuff up till then. I make quilts, cards (watercolour and fabric landscape) and odd bits as above with this tea cosy.
- I will be giving the profits to these 2 causes but will keep about 10% to replenish supplies!
- I will endeavour to use recycled stuff wherever I can.

So...wish me luck and here I go!

3 comments:

happyone said...

What a nice thing to do. I will enjoy seeing all the things you create. :-)

Goosey said...

Thanks Happyone, trust you are Ok, how nice that you are the first one to look.

Mary said...

How wonderful that you do all of this for charity. That quilt is wonderful and I would love to have time to explore every bit of it. I love projects with a crazy quilt theme. I also like log cabin and those blocks are pretty! I need to do more scrappy projects. I always like what I see that others do.