Thursday 11 June 2009

Ta Da!

I got up early this morning and finished the binding on this one. I think this is the one I have enjoyed doing the most, I let myself get completely carried away on embellishing the sea using old ribbon, my late Mother-in law's lavender bag, selvage edges of satin fabric, etc...
I have noticed that I only tend to make a card or textile hanging of the season we are in, I have no interest at the moment of doing any snow scenes or autumnal pictures. At the moment my head is full of beaches, beach huts, seaside houses and country meadow views.
I am on holiday before long up to the West coast of Scotland and the Outer Hebrides....plenty of inspiration there I think!

5 comments:

happyone said...

That is really pretty but my favorite of all is the one you made of the houses!

Janet said...

Great finish. The embellishment is stunning and NOT overdone. The bush, branches and grasses in the foreground give it depth.I think the houses are cute but this is a piece of art.

Goosey said...

Thank you for your kind comments Happyone and Janet, I have a soft spot for the houses too but I did enjoy getting carried away on the seascape. I hadn't given any thought to the foreground Janet, but you are right, it does give it depth. I must keep that in mind in future pictures...I did it accidentally in this one!

Mary said...

This is wonderful! What a neat idea to use all those embellishments. I love putting embellisments on stuff. I've wanted to try scenes like this for a long time and keep putting it off. This is really beautiful.

Crafty Maria said...

This is really beautiful, I love the colors!