Tuesday 2 June 2009

Vintage and Handmade Fair & landscape pictures

These three are the latest works in progress, I'm trying to get all the machine bits done now so that I can take them on holiday in a few weeks time and do the hand embroidery there.
This one is based on a place I saw when on holiday in Wales last year called Abereron, the houses were all different colours. My family says it looks more like Tobermory on the children's TV programme! I have still to do the borders on this one.
The last one is a bluebell wood, I have used different colour netting and fabrics and wools to make the texture. I will do a tree canopy in wools and chiffon I think.
These are fun to make as no two are ever the same.
Changing the subject I went to the Vintage and handmade Fair in Chipping Sodbury on Saturday, it was lovely although very crowded...but that is good for the stall holders! The teas and cakes served on delicate vintage china looked wonderful but we didn't try any as the queue was long and no seats so we had another look round instead!
I was very restrained and only bought a couple of magazines and some very pretty ribbon. I hope they all did well as they had all put such alot of effort into it.



7 comments:

happyone said...

I LOVE the one with all the houses - my favorite. Great colors!!

Janet said...

I like all three. They're really very different. The houses are so cute, the lake view very soothing, and the last more abstract. Looking forward to embellishments.

Vintage to Victorian said...

What beautiful work.

Glad you enjoyed the V&H Fair. We all had a great day - exhausting, as you can imagine with so many people. It was a delight to meet so many bloggers (and non-bloggers) and I think we're all gearing ourselves up for the next Fair.

Do hope you'll come.

Sue

Heloise said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I like the houses on the middle quilt. I remember going to Abereron many years ago. The weather was not great but we all had amazing homemade honey ice cream.

Debbie said...

wow these are gorgeous - i love the houses!! Do you have a blogstore or anywhere to buy these? :)

Goosey said...

Thank you for your kind comments, I don't have a blogstore but I am planning to sell tham later in the year in aid of 'Compassion & Tear Fund'.
I haven't quite worked out how to do it yet! It may be a local craft fair or via the internet but I'm a bit unsure of how it all works.

Mary said...

I love all of these! You are so talented! I can't wait to see how you finish them off!