Sunday 14 November 2010

Excuses for my absence!

This is why I have been away, I am having another sale of handmade stuff next Saturday and these are some partly made cards for it.
I have been making pictures, quilts, cards, potato sacks, tea cosies, serviette holders, bags, pencil rolls and numerous other bits and bobs. This time I am not alone, the friend above and I have joined forces to hopefully raise more money for the causes. Last time in summer the end total was £4oo, so I aim to beat that. The money is again going to India, in particular Koltata where my daughter went in summer to work with the street children in a school.
I have alot of sewing to finish off this week and alot of cakes to bake for the day, I'm on holiday this week but sadly have 2 funerals happening, one is my Aunty and the other a friend, both to cancer. Not the way I saw my holiday! Anyway here's hoping next week will raise alot of money to make a difference in childrens lives.


1 comment:

happyone said...

You have been busy! The quilts and all the other things the two of you made are so pretty. Good luck with with sale. Hope you make lots of money. What a nice thing that you are doing!!
Sorry to hear the sad news about your friend and aunt.