Sunday 29 August 2010

Inspired by Kaffe Fassett...but not as good!

I have long been inspired by Kaffe Fassett and his wonderful colourful designs, and while on holiday this year I picked up a book of his in a second hand shop called 'Glorious Interiors'. There is a chapter about mosaics and I had an old garden table that was crying out for something to revamp it. I had a great time doing it...but I think I have made it into a useless piece of furniture!
It's not grouted yet but it's so bumpy and uneven you will never balance a cup or plate on it again! I have even put cup handles upright on it...click on the pictures for a better look!
My son's girlfriend suggested I saw the legs off and hang it on the wall as a piece of art, and I might just do that!
If you click on the label 'mosaic ' on the side of the blog you can see the original I was inspired by!

3 comments:

Linda said...

I agree...Put it out on the patio as art!
It's looks cool!

happyone said...

Oh too bad you can't use it as a table. I agree, keep it as art work. It is really pretty!

Thimbleanna said...

I think it looks pretty darn fantastic! I've long wanted to do a welcome mosaic on a step outside our sun porch. But now that I know it might be bumpy, that might not be such a great idea!