Tuesday 18 May 2010

Charity shop bits I meant to buy...and some I didn't!

I went purposely to the charity shops today to look for embroidered tablecloths and china tea cups and I found these. They are for a garden party I am having in 2 weeks time here at home. I will be selling tea, home made cakes and hopefully my textile landscapes!I blogged about the idea back on March 7th 2010 on my snowgoosey blog . Anyway, as you see I found a couple of nice little tea cups and saucers, a nice plate and a beautiful tablecloth that I got for £2! It's sad that something that has taken someone so long to make ends up in a 2nd hand shop for next to nothing.
This, if you squint and look carefully is one corner of a linen tablecloth with the crinoline ladies on each corner. It's a bit faded but there is enough left for me to embroider it. I love this design.
A cushion cover, again printed ready for me to sew!
A large piece of linen, I shall remove the blue bit and reuse it for something else and use the linen as I need it. Linen is really expensive so this is a good way to buy it.
So, a bit more spent than I needed but the summer evenings are taken care of with all that sewing to do!








3 comments:

Helen said...

Adore the willow pattern tablecloth - I just love blue and white together. A garden party sounds wonderful!

happyone said...

What a lovely idea. I so wish I could come by!! :-)
I love the little plate!!
It will be nice to see the pieces again after you embroider
them.

Mary said...

You found some great stuff. That table cloth is lovely and I love that blue trim on the linen. Love the china too...what a great place to browse and shop!