Wednesday 12 May 2010

Beach Hut themes!

I seem to be on a bit of a beach hut thing at the moment....summer must be on it's way! The first two pictures are works in progress both pastel and bright.
The next one is a completed card, the stripy fabric was from a pillowcase and the white bit which is the roof came from a charity shop....I got a bag of lace and trimming and there was 139 metres of this one....all for £1! I have given some away and swapped some as well.
This quilt is a work in progress too, I'm onto the quilting bit now so sit in front of the TV in the evening quilting away.
Lastly this is my very good friend, Sylvia standing in front of her art work. We went to a private viewing last night at a local Arts Centre. I have never been to anything like that before and was a bit unsure about it as I was sure I would not be making intelligent comments! However it was fine and we really enjoyed it, catching up with friends and seeing Art in a very different way.






3 comments:

happyone said...

Oh I just love your fabric pictures and the card is soooo nice. I really must try to make some of these kinds of pictures. I have my moms old sewing machine that I have yet to learn how to use. I think I'm a bit intimidated by sewing.
Your work is beautiful!!

Lace hearts said...

Your beach huts are lovely - right up my street, as you can probably tell from my house quilt post. I'm so pleased you left a comment when you did. I followed your side bar link to Bustle and Sew and simply had to buy her beautiful buttons. I hadn't planned to spend this month!
What a fabulous find with your lace.

Mary said...

I love your little beach hut scenes! How clever. The card is particularly cute. Great job.