Saturday 2 June 2012

Dorset Art Weeks

This is the latest fabric landscape to come out of my sewing room, and I think it may have been sold already! Someone is coming to see it next week I am hoping! I haven't had much sewing time lately, doing one or two extra shifts at work to cover sickness, and as the shifts are 12 and a half hours long it's quite tiring. Having been visiting some of the Dorset Arts Weeks exhibitions this week I am re-inspired to get on and make some more pictures.
D bought me this little ceramic chicken at one of the exhibitions at Charlton Horethorne up in North Dorset and also the lovely fused glass hanging below for my birthday which was last week. It was held in someones home and was a bit surreal as we had to go all round their house and garden including in the bedrooms to look at the art and sculptures. It felt as if we were intruding! The garden was beautiful and had numerous little things to look at in the borders like this man reclining! He wasn't for sale, but I think he's great!


1 comment:

happyone said...

I love all your fabric pictures!!
Happy belated Birthday. I remember now that our birthdays are not that far apart.